School Tour for New Families
New to Maple Grove?
We would like to offer a school tour on Thursday September 1st, at 1:00pm. Mr. Donaldson, our school principal, will take the group around the school and show the important places and ensure that you know where to go on the first day of school on September 7th. There is no need to RSVP, just meet in the front hall of the school at 1:00pm if you wish to join in.
Class Lists and First Day Procedures
Class Lists will be posted on our school website over the labour day weekend. You will need your child's Ontario Education Number (OEN) or their Halton Student ID Number in order to find out in which class they have been placed. You can find your child's OEN number on a past report card.
This year, we had an overwhelming amount of written requests for consideration when building our classes. As a staff, we worked very hard to accommodate as many requests as we could, while keeping a balance within our classes between gender, social groupings and academic ability. In the event that you or your child are not initially pleased with the class placement, we respectfully ask that you resist the temptation to call or e-mail school staff to request a change. We believe we have created classrooms where our students can be successful in building new friendships, while building on past peer relationships. Our staff will not be considering any changes to our classrooms, however, we are committed to helping each student transition into his/her new grade.
Class rosters for the 2016-17 school year will only be revised if we are forced to go through a September re-organization. This news would be communicated to all parents during the second week of school.
We are looking forward to welcoming our students back to school on Wednesday, September 7th. All students in grades 1-8 will meet their teachers on the blacktop area behind the school. As always, please park only in the OTHS parking lot, and not in our lot. Teacher names will be on signs at the area where the class will line up. Kindergarten students will meet their teachers in the Kindergarten play area at the front of the school.
We look forward to seeing everyone on Wednesday, September 7th.
We are accepting registrations for the fall at our main office. Please come is as soon as possible, so that we can properly plan and staff for next year. The office hours are 9:00am-3:00pm, Monday to Friday during the last two weeks of August.
Please bring the following original documents with you to register:
• Proof of address: any two of the following (current) documents – lease or deed, car registration, utility bull, residential telephone bill, moving bill, property tax bill, health card, bank statement, credit card statement, correspondence with a government agency.
• Proof of age: birth certificate, passport, or baptismal/faith document for your child.
• Proof of citizenship: birth certificate, passport, Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or Permanent Resident Card.
• Proof of immunization or philosophical or religious exemption forms (complete medical authorization where necessary).
• If you are not the child’s parent, or if you have sole custody, please bring proof of custody (court order).
* Note to Newcomer Families (English is not a first language)
Following registration at the school, parents/guardians will be contacted by the Welcome Centre to arrange for settlement services and language and math assessments. Information can be found at www.hdsb.ca by using the search word ‘Newcomer’. The Welcome Centre will be closed on July 1 and will re-open on August 22, 2016.
For more information, call 905-335-3663 or toll-free at 1-877-618-3456.
Student Accident Insurance